Sunday, February 17, 2013

Blast from the Past 26 - The only way, a political poem

This series consists of notes that I wrote on facebook in the past. Enjoy reading my thoughts during my college years. Please comment but please be nice! Also please feel free to check out my other Blast from the Past Posts.


From April 2007

The only way, a political poem


The only way

I understand the point of view
and I would really like to help.
I have come up with a simple way
for us to solve the problem.

The problem is the poor people
they are everywhere, we see them
in doorways and under bridges,
there is one in every motion picture.

So I think that we should give them money
that is what they truly need right?
We should continue giving them money
until they have enough to buy that fancy house
that we have always dreamed of
or that Porsche convertible
the one with the red paint.

That is what they really need right?
They need all that fancy stuff,
all that stuff that we don’t have,
that stuff that we can live without.

They obviously can’t live without it.
Who would be audacious enough
to think that they can?
What kind of horrible beast would not give?

I am not a horrible beast
so I will give them all I have,
and if that is not enough,
I’ll take a loan and give them what I don’t have,
How else do we solve the problem?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say! But please be nice, and please no spam. I do monitor every comment, if you are mean or spamming me it will not get published, so please do not bother writing it. Otherwise comment away! Can not wait to have a conversation with you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...