Sunday, June 16, 2013

Blast from the Past 40 - I am engaged to the most wonderful guy in the world!

This series consists of notes that I wrote on facebook in the past. Enjoy reading my thoughts during my college years. Please comment but please be nice! Also please feel free to check out my other Blast from the Past Posts.


From February 2008




It is now official. [Mr. Random] and I are engaged! The day started when [Mr. Random] came to my house at 8:30 this morning. My parents let him in quietly and then my mom came and woke me up and told me to come out and look at something. So I stumbled half awake down the hall after her. As I'm rounding a corner after her I hear [Mr. Random] behind me say my name. I seriously jumped and then turned around and there was [Mr. Random] holding a dozen roses and saying good morning. We talked for a little while then he had to go to work and school and I went back to sleep. After class I came home and got ready for our date. All I knew at that point was that [Mr. Random] was planning a romantic surprise date for Valentine’s day, and that it was going to be special because he wanted to make my first Valentine’s day with a boyfriend special. His mom picked me up at 6:40 to meet him at Indiana Tech right after his class. We drove over near the ice rink and I thought that we were going ice skating, but actually [Mr. Random] had arranged for a horse and carriage to meet us there. We got a scenic tour around downtown [big city near us], and soon after we got started [Mr. Random] handed me his Valentine’s Day card. In it were two tickets to the bridal show this Saturday at the Grand Wayne Center. When I looked up [Mr. Random] was down on one knee in front of me with a ring box open. He asked me if I would marry him and of course I said yes! After that we finished the carriage ride, it was really romantic! Then we sat in the back of his van and exchanged gifts (yes he did get me something besides the ring :). Then we went to Takaoka for supper, the food was amazing and the chef was fun to watch. After that we went to Taco Bell to get a caramel apple empanada for desert (which is a joke between us because I am totally addicted to those things :) Then it was time to go home and tell my parents. My parents were thrilled and we talked late into the night. I also called my sister to let her know. I am soo excited! I am going to marry the man of my dreams! I love you [Mr. Random]! Oh and pictures to come, sometime :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say! But please be nice, and please no spam. I do monitor every comment, if you are mean or spamming me it will not get published, so please do not bother writing it. Otherwise comment away! Can not wait to have a conversation with you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...