This series consists of notes that I wrote on facebook in the past. Enjoy reading my thoughts during my college years. Please comment but please be nice! Also please feel free to check out my other Blast from the Past Posts.
From January 2013
I was going through my old posts to post them on my blog and as
I was reading this one I realized that some of my answers have changed
since I wrote it in college. So I though it would be fun to answer it
25 deep questions, only answer for yourself if you really want others to know the real you :)
25 Deep questions that will really tell you something about yourself. Not stupid questions like "What is your favorite pizza?"
1. What is more difficult for you, looking into someones eyes when
you are telling someone how you feel, or looking into someones eyes when
they are telling you how they feel?
Looking into their eyes when I tell them how I feel, I am not responsible for how they feel.
2. Think of the last time you were REALLY angry. Why were you angry?
I don’t remember, I was probably angry at [Mr. Random] about something, but I don’t remember what. I try not to hold on to past hurts.
3. You are on a flight from Honolulu to Chicago non-stop. There is a
fire in the back of the plane. You have enough time to make ONE PHONE
CALL who do you call?
[Mr. Random] and he can tell [Little Man] how much I love him.
4. You are at the doctor's office and she has just informed you that you have approximately one month to live. What do you do?
Go on with my life but also be more intentional with my time and
spend more time with my loved ones. And do my best to prove the doctor
5. You can have one of the following two things: trust/love. Which do you choose?
Trust, love can develop out of trust, but it is very hard if you love someone you can’t trust.
6. You are walking down the street on your way to work. There is a
dog drowning in the canal on the side of the street. Your boss has told
you if you are late even once more, you are fired. Do you save the dog?
Yes, for one thing I don’t have a boss or a “job” and can’t get
fired, for another if my boss is such a jerk that they’d fire me for
saving a dog I’m not sure I’d want to work there. Of course if my family
were depending on my income and there is no way I could find another
job that may change it a bit.
7. You are unfaithful to your spouse/significant other. Do you tell him/her?
Yes, although I choose not to put myself in a situation that could
lead to me being unfaithful to my husband, including not getting close
emotionally to any man besides my husband. I am very intentional about
this because I know that for women most affairs start with emotions and
just “harmless” talking. But since that is not the question, if somehow I
was unfaithful, yes I would tell him, because that is the right thing
8. Your best friend of the opposite sex confesses that he/she has
feelings for you more than just friendship. He/she is falling in love
with you. What do you do?
Probably cut off contact. I am married and it is very wrong if he has
those feelings for me. It is not honoring to my husband for me to
continue that friendship. Although I am not sure that this question
really applies to me because as I stated in the previous question I
don’t form close friendships with men so I do not have a best friend who
is a man. Well, besides my husband, so if the question is asking about
him then I would tell him I love him too :).
9. Think of the last person who you know that died. You have the
chance to give them 1 hour of life back, but you have to give one year
of your life. Do you do it?
I doubt it, the last person who I know who died is my husband’s
grandmother and she was very old and very sick and ready to go. I doubt
that she would have wanted me to give up a year of my life so she could
live for 1 more hour.
10. Are you the kind of friend that you would want to have as a friend?
I hope so. I try to listen to and care about my friend’s and their lives. I try to help out where I can.
11. Does love = sex?
No. but sex = love/marriage
12. Your boss tells your co-worker that they have to let them go
because of work shortage, and they are the newest employee. You have
been there much longer. Your co-worker has a family to support and no
other means of income. Do you go to your boss and offer to leave the
Well again I don’t work or support my family, so yes. But if I had a
family to support I don’t know, probably not, but it would depend on
whether I had other job possibilities.
13. When was the last time you told someone HONESTLY how you felt
regardless of how difficult it was for you to say? What did you have to
tell the person? Was it difficult?
I don’t remember, I guess when I wrote the breastfeeding post for my
blog and I shared how hard breastfeeding is,
and brought up hard memories.
14. What would be harder; for you to tell somebody you love them or that you do not love them back?
Depends on the situation. It is easy to tell my family that I love
them, and I won’t be telling another guy that I love him any time soon,
so that is not hard. Telling someone that I didn’t love them back would
be hard because I would hurt them and would have to cut off contact as
said above so I guess that would be harder.
15. What do you think would be the hardest thing for you to give up? Why would it be hard to lose?
I am assuming that this is talking about objects that I own so I am
going to answer it that way. I guess my pictures. I would have a hard
time remembering everything without my pictures.
16. Excluding romantic love, when was the last time you told someone you loved them?
When I told [Little Man] I loved him. I tell him many times a day.
17. If you're cross-eyed and have dyslexia can you read correctly?
I have no idea, I don’t know how either of them work very well.
18. Imagine. It is a dark night, you are alone, it is raining
outside, you hear someone walking around outside your window. Who do you
wish was there with you?
My husband, although I would rather he called the police than go outside himself. I don’t want to lose him.
19. Would you give a homeless person CPR if they were dying?
Yes, why wouldn’t I?
21. You are holding onto your grandmother's hand and the hand of a
newborn that you do not know as they hang over the edge of a cliff. You
have to let one go to save the other. Who do you let fall to their
Well, this is assuming that I am strong enough to hold up a person
with one hand, which I am not. And that I would be strong enough to lift
whichever I choose over the side of the cliff, which is most likely
only true about the baby. So for practicality’s sake it would most
likely be the baby I would save because I couldn’t lift my grandma over
the side or hold her up very long. On emotionality’s sake I would
probably ask my grandma, and she would most likely say to save the baby.
22. Are you old fashioned?
Yes, but also modern in some ways.
23. When was the last time you were nice to someone and did NOT expect anything in return for it?
Umm, I don’t remember an exact time, but I do fairly frequently, so probably recently.
24. Which would you choose, true love with a guarantee of a broken heart, or never loved at all?
True love with the guarantee of a broken heart. A loveless life (no
love, meaning not even a family’s love), I wouldn’t want to go through
25. If you could do anything or wish anything, what would it be?
I am pretty happy right now. I guess I would wish that I could tour Europe.