Monday, April 16, 2012

Cream Cheese Biscuits



I had never heard of cream cheese biscuits before. I was browsing blogs looking for good recipes and I found this one. It looked so amazing that I had to try it. If you would like to see the original recipe click the link, I adapted it a little bit so I will post what I did.

Ingredients:
8 oz cream cheese (I pulled out, thawed, and softened one of my frozen cream cheese blocks)
3/4 c butter (also frozen, thawed, and softened)
1 1/3 c flour
1 3/4 t baking powder
1/3 t salt

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cream together cream cheese and butter until smooth. Slowly add flour, baking powder, and salt and mix until it forms a ball. Turn out onto plastic wrap. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour (more time is ok too). Pull out and roll out or pat to about 1/2 - 1 inch thick. Cut dough into squares (you can  cut with a biscuit cutter if you want but that produces scraps you have do deal with and trust me they taste just as yummy in squares, and I think that they are just as cute). Put on baking sheet. Bake 10 - 12 minutes. You can brush butter on top if you want. I didn't feel that it was necessary. These are best served warm.

Verdict:
Pure Yumminess! These were very good. They were small so 4-6 looked like a side serving to me. I ate them with homemade strawberry jam and they were very good. My husband is slightly lactose intolerant so he couldn't eat very many but he thought that they were ok (he is not the cream cheese fanatic that I am :), I think that he said that they tasted like biscuits :)

Pictures:



















Linked up to:
Frugal Girls, Everyday Mom, Addicted to Recipes, Cups by Kim, Jam Hands, A Pinch of Joy, Make Ahead Meals, Our Delightful Home, Skip to My Lou, Serendipity and Spice, The Winthrop Cronicles, Simply Klassic Home, Cornerstone Confessions,


12 comments:

  1. I have never heard of these either! I love cream cheese though and w/ a little jam, what a sweet treat! Thanks for sharing at Church Supper. Love seeing new faces. Have a blessed week and please stop back soon ~EMM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I enjoyed your linky party, I will definitely be back!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for stopping by The Winthrop Chronicles! I have a link party I would love for you to share this or any other recipe!
    http://thewinthropchronicles.blogspot.com/2012/04/share-it-link-party-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delicious...not to mention how easy to make! Thanks for sharing...blessings, K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they were very easy, and I absolutely loved them!

      Delete
  4. Ok, I just made the original recipe (per your link) and I have to say, I really wish I'd gone with your recipe because I'd make the exact same changes you did....most importantly to pat or roll to 1/2 to 1 inch! That is key....they don't rise much. Plus, the squares are cute. I have some leftover strawberries I was serving with dinner, along with several biscuits (they were rich...I couldn't eat as many as I wanted to eat!!) so I cut those up and put some sugar on them and when there is enough syrup, I'll serve them atop one of these cream cheese biscuits with some fresh whipped cream. YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I just didn't see the point of refrigerating them twice and rolling them out just to fold it over :) This was much easier. I'm glad you enjoyed them! Oh, yeah, they would be great for strawberry shortcake! My mom likes her strawberry shortcake over biscuits. I am generally a cake girl, but I think these would be an excellent compromise!

      Delete
  5. These look great! We love to have biscuits with dinner and these would be nice! Thanks so much for sharing at Scrumptious Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you guys enjoy them! I enjoy your recipes too!

      Delete
  6. These looked great when I stumbled across them the other day! Made a change and added a few things. I used whole wheat flour instead and I added cheddar and jalapenos. Reminded me of Jalapeno poppers! Thanks for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yeah these would be great with add-ins. I will have to try some too!

      Delete

I love to hear what you have to say! But please be nice, and please no spam. I do monitor every comment, if you are mean or spamming me it will not get published, so please do not bother writing it. Otherwise comment away! Can not wait to have a conversation with you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...