Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Diaper Wars Review 3: Parent's Choice


Positives

Price
Prices are for size 1 diapers for equal comparison.
Walmart - Box of 200 diapers for $23.88 = $0.12/diaper
Amazon - Not sold on Amazon
Target -Not sold at Target

*Prices reflect the price at the time I checked, they will vary. I am not  responsible for difference between these prices and current prices.


Neutral

Wetness Indicator
This wetness indicator is fine. It is a little different than Huggies and Pampers. It starts out as little blue pictures in a line around the diaper and then the pictures disappear when they get wet. It is actually a little freaky to see, and if you forget that you are watching for disappearing instead of changing color you may see a white diaper and think it is clean. This is not a problem when the baby is older and filling the diaper well, and you can tell by the feel that it is full, but it may pose a problem in the early weeks when you are still figuring things out. One good thing about it is that the indicator extends all the way to the top on the front and back of the diaper.


Deals
I don't think I have ever seen coupons for these, but according to this site there are coupons out there. If you are interested I guess you could sign up for their emails. Anyone else know where to get coupons?


Rewards Program
As far as I can tell is that there is no rewards program. If anyone knows about a rewards program for them please comment.

Blowout Rate
My Little Guy is not doing blowout right now so I did not get to test this.


Fit
The fit on these is ok. They are a little smaller than the other diapers. The back is stretchy like Huggies Little Snugglers, but it is not quite as stretchy. The front has absolutely no give to it. The sides are stretchy. The bottom has some extra room for filling, but not a lot.





Negatives

Softness
Parent's Choice is not very soft at all. I have to admit my first instinct when I opened the package was to return them. They are very stiff and I wouldn't want them anywhere near my skin. I felt kinda bad putting them on My Little Guy but I wanted to give it a fair trial for this review. Turns out I should have listened to my first instinct.

Absorbancy
Well, Parent's Choice does hold the moisture in , it did not leak out of the diaper, even over night. However they don't hold the moisture in the diaper away from the baby's skin. I only used these one night. When I got him up in the morning his skin was very wet from all the pee in the diaper. The other diapers we have tried did not have this problem so I know that there are better diapers out there. These diapers actually gave My Little Guy a rash (his first diaper rash in his whole 4 months of life) so I really don't like these diapers, obviously he does not have super sensitive skin or he would have gotten a rash before now. I guess if you don't mind changing diapers every 3 hours all night or using a different brand over night then you could use these, but I am going to pass.


Conclusion
These diapers are horrible. I will never use these diapers again. Actually I will be returning the package that I bought. My first instinct on opening this package was to return them but I fought down the urge so I could give a fair trial. The fair trial ended when they gave My Little Guy a rash. It took almost a week to get rid of that rash even using a very good diaper rash cream. I only used 3-5 of these diapers and I refuse to use any more. The only good thing about them is the price. These cost a litttle more than half the cost of Huggies and Pampers but I would pay the extra if I had to. I think the other off brands will be better too.



Other Posts to Check Out:
Diaper Wars
Diaper Wars: Huggies Little Snugglers Review
Diaper Wars: Pampers Swaddlers Review
Diaper Wars: Luvs Review
Diaper Wars: Pampers Baby Dry Review
Diaper Wars: Up and Up Review

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say! But please be nice, and please no spam. I do monitor every comment, if you are mean or spamming me it will not get published, so please do not bother writing it. Otherwise comment away! Can not wait to have a conversation with you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...