Saturday, May 12, 2012

Guest Post - Bacon Meatballs

Today is the day that I am trading Guest Posts with Mamal Diane. Enjoy her Delicious recipe and hop over to her blog to check out my post!


Hi my name is Diane from Mamal Diane ~ keeping it simple. I am trying to live a more natural simple life. I like to share recipes, gardening tips, frugal ideas, , and of course brag about my grand kids. Stop over and visit sometime. Thank you Randomly Fascinated for letting me be a guest host and share my recipe with you and your followers.

Today I want to share a recipe for Bacon Meatballs (adapted from Cuisine for less). It's a great recipe to make in bulk, the meatballs freeze well.   

You'll need:  
6 strips bacon, diced  
1/2 cup diced onion  
3 cloves minced garlic  
1 1/2 pound ground beef chuck  
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs  
3 Tbsp minced fresh parsley  
1 tsp paprika  
1 tsp sea salt  
1 tsp black pepper  
2 eggs beaten

Preheat the oven 400 F.

Coat a broiler pan with oil.


Brown diced bacon in a fry pan until starting to crisp.


Remove and drain on paper towel.


Pour off all but 1 Tbsp bacon fat. Saute onion in same skillet over medium heat for 3 minutes, add garlic cook 1 minute.


Combine ground meat, bacon with onion and garlic in a large bowl.


Add bread crumbs


Add fresh minced parsley.


Add paprika, salt and pepper.


In a small bowl beat 2 eggs. That's my cooking partner Katie she's 3 1/2 and loves to help her Mamal with anything and everthing.


Add eggs to beef mixture.


Mix. Form into 1 1/2 inch meat balls. Lay on broiler pan.


Bake meatballs until fully cooked about 12 - 14 minutes.


You can make a double batch and always have meatballs on hand. Just freeze on a baking sheet then transfer into a container or plastic bag. Freeze until you need them. Nice to have on hand for an easy meal.

I want to thank Randomly Fascinated for giving me the opportunity to guest host on her blog. I can't wait to see what Mrs. Random has for us next on Domestic Randomness. Stop by Mamal Diane and visit, maybe check out a recipe or two. You can also find me on Facebook and Twitter. Have a wonderful day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say! But please be nice, and please no spam. I do monitor every comment, if you are mean or spamming me it will not get published, so please do not bother writing it. Otherwise comment away! Can not wait to have a conversation with you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...