Sunday, November 18, 2012

Blast from the Past 14 - No Footprints

This series consists of notes that I wrote on facebook in the past. Enjoy reading my thoughts during my college years. Please comment but please be nice! Also please feel free to check out my other Blast from the Past Posts.


From February 2007



I am taking a Creative Writing class and I will be writing all sorts of poems and short stories. I will probably be posting several of them on here. Anybody who cares to read them can tell me what they think, and if you have a useful critique post it too.
This was my first poem for the class


No Footprints

The waves call to me
beckoning me forward
I can feel them
lapping around my feet

I feel his hand in mine
strong and steady
supporting me

I share my heart with him
I know that he will cherish it
The promise has already been made
to Love and to Honor forever

I watch the delicate foam
dancing with the waves
My feet pound in the sand
as I run laughing down the beach
I pause to admire the sunset
and listen to the music of the waves

I look back on where we have walked
I see no footprints in the sand
Mine have washed away
His have not been made yet


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say! But please be nice, and please no spam. I do monitor every comment, if you are mean or spamming me it will not get published, so please do not bother writing it. Otherwise comment away! Can not wait to have a conversation with you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...