Monday, May 29, 2017

What I am thinking this Memorial Day

Many years ago a man fought in the war. He went off to fight for his country. Then he came home and married. They had 8 children, 4 sons and 4 daughters. One of those sons had 1 son and 3 daughters. 1 of those daughters is me. My grandfather fought in the war and survived. Because he survived I was born.

There are many many men and women for whom the story was not so rosy. Many men went off to war to fight for their country and never returned. There are many children and grandchildren who were never born because of a war. There are many children who grew up without a father or mother because of a war. And many people have grieved lost loved ones.

On this day, Memorial Day, we remember those people who were lost in service to our country. I want to thank you to all those who have lost loved ones. Thank you for your sacrifice. I am so grateful to live in a country that has so many freedoms. I am so sorry for your loss.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say! But please be nice, and please no spam. I do monitor every comment, if you are mean or spamming me it will not get published, so please do not bother writing it. Otherwise comment away! Can not wait to have a conversation with you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...