Monday, May 28, 2012

Diaper Wars Review 6: Up and Up (Target Brand)

Sorry this post is so long in coming. I actually started testing the diapers several weeks ago but then I started a round of antibiotics and discovered that me taking antibiotics meant Little Man got really bad diaper rash no matter what diapers were on his bottom. So I waited until I was through with that and tested a whole package after that to make sure that I gave up and up a fair trial. So here it is :)



Positives

Price
Prices are for size 1 diapers for equal comparison.
Walmart - Not sold at Walmart
Amazon - Not sold at Amazon
Target - Package of 50 diapers for $6.29 = $0.12/diaper (Size 1 of Up and Up is only sold in the smaller packages but it still beat all the other brands in price)

*Prices reflect the price at the time I checked, they will vary. I am not  responsible for difference between these prices and current prices.


Absorbancy
Up and up is great on absorbancy. They work about as well as the name brands I think. They hold the moisture in, and I have not had any problems with them even over night. These ones I trust both day and night. Luvs and Pampers Baby Dry I stopped using over night and only used during the day.

Softness
Up and Up is not super soft like Little Snugglers and Swaddlers, but it is still pretty soft. Like I have said before softness is important to me and these diapers I am comfortable with putting on Little Man.

Fit
The back has a little bit, not a ton, but a little bit of stretch. The sides have plenty of stretch. The bottom has plenty of room for filling. These diapers are pretty decent sized so they should fit Little Man for a decent amount of time (it helps that he is super skinny and has a tiny rear end. He is now 15 lbs and according to the diaper weight sizes he should be in size 2 but these still fit him).






Neutral 

Rewards Program
Up and Up does not have a rewards program.

Deals
I have not seen any specific coupons for up and up diapers but any generic target coupons you could use for these diapers.

Blowout Rate
I tried a few of these out a few months ago at the end of his blowouts and they were not bad on the blowout rate. When I tried them again this time he did not have any blowouts, so I think they are pretty good, but I don't have any definitive data.


Negatives

Wetness Indicator
Up and Up does not have a wetness indicator.



Conclusion
Up and Up is definitely a winner. It is a good quality diaper (not on par with Snugglers or Swaddlers but still a good quality). And it is definitely a good price, it is the cheapest of all of the brands so far. This one I find trustworthy both day and night. Definitely worth the money!



Linked up To:

While He Was Napping, Clean and Scentsible, Uncommon, Nap Time Crafters, Frugal Girls, A Pinch of Joy, Cornerstone Confessions,


Other Posts to Check Out:
Diaper Wars
Diaper Wars: Huggies Little Snugglers Review
Diaper Wars: Pampers Swaddlers Review
Diaper Wars: Parent's Choice Review
Diaper Wars: Luvs Review
Diaper Wars: Pamper's Baby Dry Review
Diaper Wars: The Winner

9 comments:

  1. Love the post - I actually registered for a bunch of up and up so I am glad the got your approval. I will definitely keep reading your blog. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah these are definitely my favorite so far (well actually snugglers and swaddlers are my favorites, but I can't justify the extra price :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness...is great. As a mom of two diaper wearers I always wondered all the results. You don't happen to have an Aldi nearby do you? I wonder how their diapers compare too. Those and Walgreens brand. Thanks for your review. I'd love to have you link this up to Titus 2 Tuesday on Cornerstone Confessions. Hope to see you there!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am glad these are useful for people :) I do actually have an Aldi's near me. I never even noticed that they had diapers. I will have to look for those next time I go there. Walgreens and CVS would also be good additions. I thought about doing Kroger and Meijer, but I know local grocery stores are different in different places.

      Delete
  3. Great review! You are so thorough - I'd take your recommendation! Thanks so much for sharing on Busy Monday at A Pinch of Joy. Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope I help other families save money or find the best diapers for them with my reviews!

      Delete
  4. We LOVE Target diapers and have had great success with them on both of our boys! LOVE THEM! :)
    Mackenzie
    cheeriosandlattes.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found your site through Pinterest. Target does occasionally offer Up & Up diaper coupons on their website. I've tried Luvs, Pampers, Huggies, and the Dollar General brand diapers. My 2nd son is now 18 months and I won't use anything except Target diapers (unless they are free or close to it)! Huggies just sag after a short wear, Pampers leak if he pees more than once, and the others were all in similar categories or super stiff. The cheaper ones and the one type of Pampers gave my 1st son diaper rash (he had sensitive skin). Just wanted to share because my initial opinion on diapers was that they all fit different, like jeans. But Target diapers are like buying perfect fit jeans that are already broken in just for your baby!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! But please be nice, and please no spam. I do monitor every comment, if you are mean or spamming me it will not get published, so please do not bother writing it. Otherwise comment away! Can not wait to have a conversation with you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...