Sunday, December 2, 2012

Blast from the Past 16 - Distractability

This series consists of notes that I wrote on facebook in the past. Enjoy reading my thoughts during my college years. Please comment but please be nice! Also please feel free to check out my other Blast from the Past Posts.


From March 2007


OK, I am bored again, and I haven't written one of my oh so inspiringly uninspiring notes recently so I have decided that that is what I should do. Unfortunately I have again come to the keyboard without any real topic to discus in mind. Oh well, does anybody even read these? Hmm, I bet [Mr. Random] will, and it seems that [a friend] at least read my last post :) So what should I talk about? If you guys (who actually read my posts) have any particular topics that you would like me to randomize about let me know :)
I am really just trying to avoid doing homework right now :) I seem to be doing a lot of that lately. But since it is not actually due tomorrow, but rather a suggested assignment I do not seem to have enough motivation to continue, that and the fact that I can't play music right now. I always thought that playing music while studying was weird and didn't help concentration at all. But today while I was trying to motivate myself to do my homework I just happened to have some music on, and wonders of all wonders I was able to concentrate. I think that the reason for this is that my mind has been very easily distract-able lately. While staring at a page of text and thinking that I am actually reading it my mind will completely wander from whatever the subject is. Then when I finally realize that I am no longer thinking about History, Paradise Lost (well this one has its own problems, namely that it puts me to sleep every time I attempt to read it), the bible (yes, I read through the same chapter like four times yesterday), or whatever else I am reading, I quickly glance at the page and try to figure out where exactly my mind drifted, and unfortunately it is usually somewhere soon after the first sentence. So anyways I guess my mind drifted a little there, what was I talking about? Oh yeah music, so I figured out that if my mind is going to be distracted anyways maybe I should try distracting it only slightly with something that really wouldn't completely distract me, and that happened to be music. and it worked, my mind, trying to fight off the distraction of the music was finally able to concentrate on the History reading! But then my roommate asked me to turn off my music because she couldn't concentrate on her homework ([Roommate] if you read this I love you, and it is totally not your fault that I am not doing my homework :), so I was immediately steeped once again in distract-ability. So here I am wasting my time writing notes that you are wasting your time reading :) Oh, well.

Comments from original post:

Mr. Random - ok, wow, THAT was random. yes, i have found that music helps me concentrate better...but that is just me.
ok, topic...why did God create Lucifier if He knew that Lucifer would fall, tempt man, man would fall, and Jesus would have to die for us all? Why couldn't God have avoided all that and just not create Lucifer? have fun. 


Me - well I was thinking about that the other day and I have come up with a theory. I think that maybe God knew that there had to be sin in the world so that humans would have free choice whether to love him, but he couldn't just put sin into humans or we would constantly be blaming him for giving us these sin natures so he made Lucifer and put the temptation there so we can blame Satan and ourselves for our sin and not him. Now I am sure that this is not the whole story, and it may be a little heretical, but it is the only thought that I have had on the subject so far.

Friend Mentioned Above - I read your note! It just...took me a few days, that's all. ;)

Concerning the whole music thing, it's a little strange, because I find that some music helps me to focus better while other music distracts me even more. Go figure.

And who needs to disc
uss the whole issue of why Lucifer was created? Just read Paradise Lost...'cause John Milton just has *all* the answers...

As far as topics to discuss go...hmm, that's a tough one. You could talk about how sometimes it seems as though the profs try to kill us by giving us an unreasonable amount of things to do. Or you could talk about all the reasons to *not* be a DMA major. Or, maybe, you could write about nothing...I've done that before, just to see how long I could go for. Is that strange? At any rate, anything would probably be fine, though I wouldn't recommend writing anything like, oh, say, an elaborate defense of the current movie policy on campus. Things of that nature tend to end up being more trouble then they're worth.
 


Oh, and by the way, in case you haven't realized it...the reason my comment was so long is because I'm procrastinating on studying. Really, I should be writing an outline for the Mainstreams exam on Friday, but...yeah. Not sure if that will end up happening at all tonight or not. :P 

Me - yeah, Milton is incredibly smart (totally sarcastic and rolling eyes :) Don't even get me started on what an idiot I think he is for having apparently not read the bible before deciding to write an entire book about the creation story, hmm, maybe that should be my next note :)
hmm, interesting topics [Friend], although I have done the write about nothing one, haven't you read any of my notes, including this one :)
and I totally understand trying to avoid homework, that is probably what I should be doing now, but since it is not due tomorrow, it probably won't get done, but glad I could help w/ your avoidance :)
 


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say! But please be nice, and please no spam. I do monitor every comment, if you are mean or spamming me it will not get published, so please do not bother writing it. Otherwise comment away! Can not wait to have a conversation with you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...