Sunday, September 23, 2012

Blast From the Past 6 - Modernism vs. Postmodernism

This series consists of notes that I wrote on facebook in the past. Enjoy reading my thoughts during my college years. Please comment but please be nice! Also please feel free to check out my other Blast from the Past Posts.


From October 2006


Modernism vs. Postmodernism

I should really be studying for my three midterms tomorrow but I don't want to, so I will write a note. We talked about Modernism vs. Postmodernism today in Presidents Colloquium (is that how you spell colloquium?). It was interesting but it left me with the question why. Why does it have to be one way or the other? Why can't it be both? Why do people fight over these issues so much? Not just Modernism vs. Postmodernism, but a lot of issues. There are some things that are right or wrong, but not everything is. And fighting over the things that aren't doesn't help anything.
After thinking about this all the way back to my dorm I realized that I had left my backpack at the president's house. So not only didn't I have answers, I also didn't have my backpack (which is slightly important since it has the stuff to study for my 3 midterms). So I had to walk all the way over to the president's house and back again. Thankfully I had two great friends who went with me! Well if any of this rambling meant anything to you, you are probably crazier than me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say! But please be nice, and please no spam. I do monitor every comment, if you are mean or spamming me it will not get published, so please do not bother writing it. Otherwise comment away! Can not wait to have a conversation with you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...