Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Rice Bar Carry In Meal



I told you the Cinnamony Goodness post other day that I would post about the rice bar we had for the small group party.

I got the idea for this from WBCL's Kitchen Caboodle Mid Morning program. We were planning a small group party at our house and we wanted to do a carry in type dinner. They left the theme up to me because we were hosting and I remembered the kitchen caboodle program.

The way that I did it was I sent out an email saying that we were doing a rice bar and I would provide the rice, dessert, and 1 topping and everyone else could bring whatever they wanted that went on rice.

I made both white and brown rice, Peanutty Goodness (Asian Peanut Beef, will post that recipe soon :) ), and Cinnamony Goodness. I also provided hot drinks, water and homemade grape juice.

There were 3 other couples who brought food and they brought Coconut Curry, Asian Yuminess (thats what she called it :), it was meat, beans, and broccoli with soy sauce), and Mexican Rice Bowls. We had so much food and so much fun! I wish I would have gotten some pictures of the bar so you could see what it looked like, but I was too busy cooking and socializing.

So what about you? What would you do for a carry in theme?

Linked up To:
Frugal Girls, A Pinch of Joy,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say! But please be nice, and please no spam. I do monitor every comment, if you are mean or spamming me it will not get published, so please do not bother writing it. Otherwise comment away! Can not wait to have a conversation with you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...