Thursday, March 8, 2012

Cinnamony Goodness from pinterest

Today I made this awesome yummy cinnamony goodness bread. I found the recipe for it here and pinned it on pinterest so I would remember later (click the red p button if you want to follow me on pinterest Follow Me on Pinterest). So today I pulled up that recipe and made it, but I adapted it a little so I will post what I did. It is like a cinnamon roll in loaf form (which actually makes it slightly easier to make because you don't have to roll, it up and cut it with floss, and more of it is inside which we all know is the good part :) ). It turned out awesome! So anyways here is what I did.
First I made the dough. I made the dough in my bread machine, because I am busy and I don't have time to knead the dough and time its rising (we were hosting our family group party here and I had to clean and cook today, so I really didn't have time, not that I have a whole lot of time other days either :) ). So anyways, I used the recipe from the bread machine cookbook to make the dough. This step takes about 1-1.5 hours depending on how fast you are at throwing ingredients in a pan and how fast your bread machine is.
Then I put flour on the counter and rolled the dough until it was thin (maybe 1/4 -1/2 in thick, i didn't really measure it)
Then I melted somewhere around 2 T of butter and poured it on the bread and spread it around with the back of a spoon.
Then I mixed a little bit of cinnamon and a lot of sugar together (sorry, I am one of those cooks who just kinda looks at it and thinks it looks about right, so no I did not measure it, If you need help making cinnamon sugar contact me and I will measure it for you :) ) and sprinkled the cinnamon sugar over the butter and spread it so there was cinnamony goodness covering all of the dough.
Then I cut the dough in strips around 2 in wide. I peeled them off the counter, piled them together and cut them in squares like the original recipe suggests. Sorry I didn't take any pictures my guests arrived during step 2 so I was doing all this while talking and entertaining, maybe I will make it again soon and get pictures then.
Then I put the squares in a bread pan and baked it at 400 degrees. I have no idea how long it baked because like I said I had guests here and I totally forgot to set a timer, and just remembered it partway through diner and checked on it and it was perfect, so I got lucky. I think it was probably somewhere between 1/2 hr and 1 hr but I'm not sure, so if I were you I'd check it a couple times and when it looks well risen and nicely browned on top it is probably done. I also stuck it in while the oven was preheating and that didn't seem to hurt it in any way.
I served it with cream cheese frosting.

Verdict:
Pure Yumminess! We had 5 couples and 3 kids here (all of the kids were under the age of 3). And everyone loved it. My husband said it was "seriously good". The one thing I might have done differently is when I was rolling out the dough, I would leave it a little thicker. When you are peeling up the strips the dough thins out a lot more and it seemed like the dough might have been a little too thin making the pieces a little hard to peel apart, but this didn't affect the taste at all just the serving. I also might try a few variations on this, like using different types of bread dough, I would really like to try it with honey oat dough. Also in the comments of the original post one lady said she tried it with savory spices instead of cinnamon sugar and it worked out really well to make a sort of gourmet bread. I think the idea of parmesan cheese and maybe a few spices that sounds yummy too! I will have to try it, and hopefully get some more pictures for you guys.


Here is the only picture I got of it. This is a picture of what was left after everyone left. I think that the only reason that there was any left is because we had so much food for supper everyone was stuffed. We had a rice bar, remind me to post about that, totally fun, and yummy!

Linked up To:

Frugal Girls, A Pinch of Joy

2 comments:

  1. This looks delicious -- and so easy! I bet the parmesan cheese and savory spices will be just as good. New follower on Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! But please be nice, and please no spam. I do monitor every comment, if you are mean or spamming me it will not get published, so please do not bother writing it. Otherwise comment away! Can not wait to have a conversation with you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...