Tuesday, July 17, 2012

DIY Flavored Water (Strawberry Watermelon and Three Citrus Water)

I did a lot of blog browsing to find great recipes to use for the bridal shower. One of the recipes I found was for flavored water. I thought that this was a genius idea that I had to try. It is so unique and pretty. I thought it added an extra touch of fanciness to the shower.
I am not super into flavored water. I actually like the taste of plain water (I love well water, yes I know I am weird). I prefer either full flavor drinks or plain water. I don't really care for watered down drinks. But for flavored water this is pretty good. I enjoyed it.
I made two types of flavored water Strawberry Watermelon and Three Citrus. You could make whatever flavors sound good to you. You could recreate your favorite flavored water with just a few ingredients!

DIY Flavored Water

Ingredients:
Fruit (1-2 c per container whatever type is in season or that you like)
Ice
Water
Glass Jars or pitchers
Utensil to press on the fruit


Directions:

Cut Strawberries up, put in glass container and press a little with utensil.
 Add watermelon and repeat
 Add ice
 Add water
 For the citrus water put in the fruit and press.
 Again add fruit and water.
Refrigerate overnight.The next day strain out the fruit. Taste and see if it is to your taste.
I thought the waters were a little strong so I watered them down. I sweetened the citrus water with honey and sugar because it was a little bitter.


They came out looking beautiful and tasting good. I personally preferred he strawberry watermelon water because it was naturally sweet and I find the rinds of the citrus fruits to add a little too much bitterness.


What type of flavored water do you like?



Linking up to:
Nap Time Crafters, While He Was Napping, Cornerstone Confessions, A Pinch of Joy, Addicted to Recipes, Serendipity and Spice, My Favorite Finds, Claiming our Space,

7 comments:

  1. I love all your inspiring ideas! So I’m giving you the “One Lovely Blog and Very Inspiring Blogger Award”. You can read more about it here: http://fromoverwhelmedtoorganized.blogspot.ca/2012/07/one-lovely-blog-and-very-inspiring.html. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am very honored that you would give me this award!

      Delete
  2. This looks delicious. I have to have some flavor in my water so this is right up my alley. I would love it if you would share this on Tout It Tuesday. http://www.claimingourspace.com/2012/08/tout-it-tuesday-19.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, these are definitely great for anyone who likes flavored water. And the great thing is that you can use whatever fruit you like or whatever is in season :)
      I will be linking up a couple of my projects. I hope that you will come back Friday and join my party.

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much for sharing on Tout It Tuesday. Hope to see you tomorrow.

      Delete
  3. Look great! I love flavored water. Thanks for sharing at Must Try Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agua Fresca is wonderful on a hot day. Thanks for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! But please be nice, and please no spam. I do monitor every comment, if you are mean or spamming me it will not get published, so please do not bother writing it. Otherwise comment away! Can not wait to have a conversation with you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...