Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Mini Fruit Pizzas

This is actually one of the first things that I pinned for my sister's shower (well this and the towel cake). I love this idea. I love fruit pizza but it can be a little difficult to serve neatly or individually. And as an added bonus these mini fruit pizzas are super easy to make. Possibly one of the easiest things that I made for the shower. The hardest part is putting them together. The ones I made were not quite as cute as the originals because we ran out of time before the shower to get everything together (the downside of hosting a shower on a Sunday at 2:00 at a church) so we only had time to put blueberries on them. I had planned to put strawberries and kiwi on them too. Also I had a lot fewer of these than I had planned to have because I dropped the container on the way into the church and spilled about half of them on the sidewalk :( . Oh well, that's life right? Things don't always turn out exactly how you want them to but they can still be good. And these were good, very good. So give them a try and see how they work for you!



Mini Fruit Pizzas
(recipe made from looking at this picture)

Ingredients:
  • Sugar Cookies
  • Cream Cheese Frosting
  • Fruit (any type of fruit that you like on fruit pizza. Any berries are great, kiwi is good, several others are good too)

Directions:
 
  1. Bake sugar cookies. I used store bought cookie dough because I knew that I had to cut a few corners in order to get everything done. If you have time and desire you can make these cookies from scratch using your favorite sugar cookie recipe. I personally would probably go ahead and use store bought cookie dough because I do not think that I make the best cookies, but you can use whatever you prefer.
  2. Make or buy cream cheese frosting. I made my own because I was already making it for the Nutella Brownies. Otherwise I would have bought a can of cream cheese frosting and it would have worked out fine. Here is my recipe for Cream Cheese Frosting, if you want to use it.
  3. Cut up the fruit if needed
  4. Frost the cookies
  5. Arrange the fruit on the cookies
  6. Enjoy! They are super yummy!



Linking up to:
Nap Time Crafters, While He Was Napping, Cornerstone Confessions, A Pinch of Joy, Addicted to Recipes, Serendipity and Spice, My Favorite Finds, Claiming our Space, Frugal Girls, Blissful and Domestic


2 comments:

  1. We did these for the Fourth of July this year. You're right...I do love them better smaller than as a huge pizza. Thanks for sharing at Must Try Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delish. And the fruit makes it healthy, right? Thanks so much for sharing on Tout It Tuesday. Hope to see you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! But please be nice, and please no spam. I do monitor every comment, if you are mean or spamming me it will not get published, so please do not bother writing it. Otherwise comment away! Can not wait to have a conversation with you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...